Effective Date: April 1, 2016
- INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
This section of the Policy, How We Collect Information About You, outlines the various ways that we gather information about you.
- Information that You Provide. We collect and store information that you enter through the Services or give to us in any other way. This section, Information that You Provide, provides examples of the information that you provide to us. You can choose not to provide certain information to us, but then you might not be able to access or use all of the Services.
- Account Registration and Login. You may visit and browse the Website without registering or submitting personal information about yourself. However, to use the App and other Services available through the Website and the App, you will be required to register for an account and, if you use multiple Services, you may be required to register for a distinct account for each Service (each, an “Account”) by entering information or by using your credentials from a third-party site or service, such as Facebook or Pinterest (a “Third-Party Account”). When you register for an Account, you will be asked to provide some personal information, such as your first name, last name, gender, address, email address, phone number, and a password that you select. Health care providers who register for an Account to use certain Services will be required to provide additional personal information, such as your NPI number, practice name, specialty, degree, year of birth, and additional biographical information.
If you choose to register for an Account using your credentials from a Third-Party Account, you will be asked for your Third-Party Account user name, password, and other information to allow us to verify that you have an account with the third-party site or service. We may use your Third-Party Account credentials to obtain information about you from the third-party site or service, as further described in Section 1.3, Information that is Collected from Other Sources. When you register for an Account and log in to a Service you must provide your current, complete, and accurate information. It is your responsibility to keep your information up to date. We are not responsible for any problems, interruptions in access, or liability that may arise if you do not give us complete and accurate information or if you fail to update your information so that it is current.
- Profile Creation. After you register for an Account, some Services will ask you to create a user profile (a “Profile”). If you choose to create a Profile, we will collect and store personal information about you that you provide when you create your Profile, such as your Profile image, a user name that you choose, your gender, your age range (e.g., under 25, 25-45, 46-66, and 67 and over), and your ZIP code and, if you are a health care provider creating a physician Profile, your practice area and specialty, degree, office address and telephone number, training and credentials, procedures that you perform, before and after photos, other office locations, and other biographical information.
- Correspondence; Contact Us Feature. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us information about your use of the Services, we may save the information in a profile specific to you. Additionally, we collect and store the personal information you provide when you use the “Contact Us” feature within the Services, such as your first name, last name, address, email address, the reason for your inquiry, and your comments.
- Job Applications. We collect and store personal information when you submit contact, resume, qualification, and other biographical information to us in connection with submitting a job application using the Services. Unless we specifically ask for personal information about you during the job application process, please do not provide it. For example, don’t send us a social security number simply because it is in your resume—remove it before submitting your resume.
- Your Use of the Services. We collect and store the information that you and other users provide when you and they use and interact with the Services. For example, we collect and store your responses to surveys and questionnaires; your posts to discussion boards; the geographical and other information you provide when using “Find a Doctor” and similar features; the information you provide when interacting with customer service; the billing, shipping, payment, and other information you provide when purchasing products through the Services; your product reviews; and your “wants,” your images, and other information you provide about your aesthetic, wellness, and performance aspirations when using the “Your Best You” feature.
- Information that is Automatically Collected. We collect and store information about you and any computer or device you use to access or use the Services automatically using a variety of technologies. This section, Information that is Automatically Collected, provides examples of information that we collect about you automatically. We collect this information for the purposes described in this Policy, including to better understand our customer base and to improve the quality of the Services.
- Device Information. We collect and store device-specific information, including your mobile number, your operating system version, and browser version. We may associate your device-specific information with you and your Account.
- Log Information. When you use or interact with the Services, we and our service providers automatically collect certain information in our server logs. Generally, this information does not directly identify you, and may include your internet protocol address, browser type, and pages viewed.
- Location Information. If you give us permission through the App, we may collect location information (including geolocation and GPS location) about you through the App or your device. Once you have given us permission to collect location information, we may continue collecting that information without asking permission again. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device settings, for example, by disabling “Location Services” for the App in your device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some features of the App may be inaccessible or not function properly. Our third-party analytics provider may also collect location information about you, as described in Section 3.3(b) below.
- Information that is Collected from Other Sources. We may collect and store information about you from other sources. This section, Information that is Collected from Other Sources, provides examples of information that we collect from other sources. For example, when you register for an Account or log in to the Services using your credentials from a Third-Party Account, we may use your Third-Party Account credentials to collect information about you from the applicable third party (the “Third-Party Service”). For example, if you register for an Account using your Facebook account credentials, we may use your credentials to obtain your Facebook profile information, friend list, email address, birthday, “likes,” and other Facebook account information.
- Information that is Collected by Third Parties. Some Services link or allow you to access or sign up for services provided by third parties (“Third Party Sites and Services”). The collection, use, and disclosure of information by Third Party Sites and Services are subject to the privacy policies of the third-party operator, which we do not control.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
This section of the Policy, How We Use Information, outlines the various ways that we use the information that we collect about you.
- General. We may use your personal information (including tracking information) to manage your Account. We may also use it to operate, maintain, and improve the Services and any successor or future versions of the Services (including to provide you a more personalized experience); allow you to log in more conveniently; understand where requests originate; conduct security and statistical analysis; communicate with you; produce traffic volume statistics; maintain a record of customer service requests; provide you information about products and services (including products and services of third parties); sell and deliver advertising; market; conduct research; resolve disputes; collect fees owed; detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; assist law enforcement; enforce this Policy and any other terms related to the Services; and any other purpose described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
- Provision of Services. We use your personal information to provide the Services to you. For example, we use your personal information to fulfill orders that you place through the Services; to provide customer service; and to respond to your requests for information.
- Email Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails or other communications related to your Account or the Services, or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional in nature. We may also send you marketing emails, surveys, or newsletters to notify you about products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. If you opt-out, you will continue to receive service-related emails.
- Resumes and Job Applications. We may use personal information that you provide when you submit contact, resume, qualification, and other biographical information to us in connection with submitting a job application in connection with our hiring and recruiting process, and if you are hired, your employment with us.
- Non-identifying and Aggregated Information. We may use non-identifying information for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Services administration, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and to improve our business and the Services and we sell it to third parties including for commercial purposes.
- Retaining Your Information. In general, we will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed; however, we are not obligated to retain your information and may delete it at any time. If you cancel your Account or your Account is otherwise terminated, we may, but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from you and third parties and we may continue to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy.
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
This section of the Policy, How We Share Information, describes how we share the information that we collect about you with other parties.
- Generally. We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may disclose your information to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents and service providers. We may also share non-identifying information with third parties for any lawful purpose, including analyzing trends, research, Services administration, tracking users’ movements around the Services, and to improve our business, products, services, and the Services and we may sell it to third parties for commercial purposes. Use of information by affiliated entities and organizations will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy. For information on use of information by agents and service providers, see Section 3.3 (Sharing with Third Parties).
- Sharing on the Services. Some of the Services allow users to connect and communicate with others. This section, Sharing on the Services, provides examples of how we share your information with others to allow you to connect with others through the Services.
- Your Profile. Other users of the Services can view your Profile information, including your user name, your city and state, your Profile image, and a summary of your recent activity on the Services, such as products you’ve reviewed, posts on which you’ve commented, and other users you have “followed.” If you are a healthcare provider with a physician Profile, users will also see your specialty, biographical, and contact information that you provide in your Profile, including your telephone number, address, and email.
- Your Participation in User Forums. Certain Services allow you to participate in discussion boards, polls, surveys; submit product reviews; comment on procedures; and participate in other public user forums (collectively, “User Forums”). User Forums are public, and others that access and use the Services can view all information you submit in these public user forums.
- Sharing with Third Parties. We may share information about you with third parties to help us operate and improve the Services, and to provide and promote our products and services as well as third-party products and services. Additionally, we may be required to disclose information about you to comply with law, or in connection with a business transition. This section, Sharing with Third Parties, provides examples of how we share your information with third parties.
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your personal information as required by law; if we believe that disclosure is needed to protect our rights; to government regulators; to law enforcement authorities; in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Services; and to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
- Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger or joint venture with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or a part of the Services or our business or assets or the business or assets of our affiliates, we may disclose your personal information, including to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your personal information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Services. No storage or transmission of data can be 100% secure.
- ONLINE TRACKING AND YOUR CHOICES
- You may adjust certain aspects of how the profile associated with your Account appears to other users of the Services by editing your preferences within the “Settings” area of certain Services.
- INFORMATION SECURITY MEASURES
Keeping secure personal information that we collect is of great concern to us. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no storage or transmission of data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. When you provide information to the Services, you do so at your own risk.
The Services are intended for users over the age of 18, and are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at by using the contact information in the Privacy Questions section at the bottom of this Policy, and we will take steps to remove the information and terminate the child's Account.
- CALIFORNIA SHINE THE LIGHT LAW
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident, for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personal information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request you may contact us by using the contact information in the Privacy Questions section at the bottom of this Policy.
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If would like to update your personal information associated with your Account, you may make such changes in the “My Profile” or “Settings” portions of the Website or App. If you would like to cancel your Account, please contact us using the “Contact Us” feature within the Services. If you do not want your information accessed or stored as described in this Policy, you should not access, use, or register an Account with the Services.
- MODIFICATION OF THIS POLICY
We will occasionally update this Policy. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the "Effective Date” at the top of this Policy. We recommend that you check the Services from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Policy or any of our other policies. By continuing to access or use the Services after a change to this Policy becomes effective, you agree to the revised Policy.
- PRIVACY QUESTIONS
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please email us at: email@example.com.